Building a new custom home is probably the biggest investment most people will make in their lifetime, and it’s important to get it right. Hiring the best and most qualified custom homebuilder for your new custom home is essential to your success. Below are some important reasons it makes sense to work with a custom homebuilder.
- Your builder will interface with your architect and manage all the subcontractors. Your builder has the knowledge and expertise as well as ongoing relationships to get the job done on time and on budget. They will ensure the tradesmen execute the work as outlined in plan specifications and to building codes and will track all costs, submit payment requests for approval, provide lien release waivers for all completed work, prepare estimates, manage all change orders and owner initiated changes.
- Your builder will be your liaison between the building inspectors, governing jurisdictions and your design team. The builder is responsible for managing and obtaining all approvals, inspections and the certificate of occupancy.
- Your builder will order, manage and accept all building materials prior to installation.
- Your builder will work with city inspectors and resolve any issues as they arise.
- Your builder will provide daily oversight and management of the subcontractors and the quality of their work.
- Your builder will educate you as the owner on the operation and maintenance of the home and service the warranty as required by the local jurisdiction.
Finding a qualified homebuilder who has the time, financial resources, interest, organizational skills, communication skills, integrity and experience is imperative in the journey to creating and building your dream home. If you’re interested in building your new custom home in the Bay Area, start here.